Friday, June 19, 2009

simple.

my life has been simplified since I became a mom.my concept of time. use to be segmented by years, seasons or even stages of life, like college- 4 years. now days, months and moments. Q: how old is Lillian? A: 11.5 months. AND when she was first born it was 10 days, then 5 weeks, then at about 3 months i stuck with telling time by months (but not even full months 1/2). i have observed that months is the time of choice til your child is about 2- then you can switch to years, but an extra clause of 1/2, almost, just... is included well through grade school. so time, i don't usually know what day of the week it is, but i track you in moments of bliss, months of big events and days of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. True words, Katrina. And simple is good when kids are involved. And the more kids involved the more simple is mecessary. Keep up the good work and keep writing. I go back and read my archives and remember things I would've forgotten had I not blogged it. Because I'm no good at baby books.

    ReplyDelete